Monday, November 30, 2009

I was swimming through the roads

This was a really long week. It rained almost every day this week. Personally I think that any week where you lose your P-Day is a long week. Fortunately this week we have our p-day. However, there is nothing too cool to report on. We have a lot of people we are working with. God has really blessed us, so we`ve been running between house to house to just teach the people who will be baptized this month. We should be having 6ish people get baptized this month. And the majority live in different sides of the world. We`re running around like mad men. I know many of you will be upset with me, because you always tell me to get more sleep... but I’ve been really tired this week. My companion and I went out with a member one day and they told us we were basically falling off our chairs all day. We had one appointment where my companion and I basically passed out waiting for an answer from the investigator. I remember asking a question and looking at them... they looked at their book and so did I. The next thing I knew, I was grabbing my scriptures before they fell to the floor. I couldn't have been out for more than half a second... but it was funny. The whole week was like that. The only thing that kept us awake was the weather and "our dog".

The weather here has been crazy. Every other day we get rain... the days in between are HOT and MUGGY!!!! So every other day I use my rain coat and every other day I use short sleeves (not much that can be changed). It has been fun.

But whatever the weather, Hooksy the dog has followed us around. He follows us every time we see him (basically daily). The only way that we can get him to leave us alone is by going to his owners and asking them to restrain him until we get at least 3-4 blocks away. Yesterday my companion and I did exchanges to get investigators in the morning. The dog followed us around and my companion took drastic moves to make sure he didn't follow us to church... again. I’ll tell you the story, but first, let me explain the situation.

Sunday we basically had a monsoon come and attack us. I literally felt like I was swimming through the roads to get investigators and to get back to church. My companion was wadding through this rain with the dog hot on his heels. We talked to the owners who were suppose to come to church, but decided not to because of the rain (it was a long walk in a torment). They also didn't want to restrain the wet dog. SO... my companion yells over the thunder for the dog to stay... he didn't. So my companion throws a rock in the general direction of the dog. It stops and just stares. As it starts to follow again, by companion throws a chunk of brick at him which splashes in the mud next to him. Sadly Hooksy looks at my companion and then runs off home. My companion is a very big hearted, animal lover and it almost killed him to have to scare the dog off like that. He said it reminded him of Air Bud and he wanted to cry. We`ll see if he continues to follow us. I love that dog, but he really is a problem in the missionary work.

Other than that... nothing that big happened. We've had some really interesting appointments and some really interesting things happen... but there isn't time nor cause to tell you all. Just know that I'm good and thinking of you all. I know that this week contains many birthdays and many special memories for me. I hope that all of those pass well for all of you and that you all know that I love you.

You are all always in my thoughts and my prayers.
Love,
Tommy

No comments: