Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A story added later...

I was in a taxi this week and I tried to teach the driver. He said that he wasn’t religious because "church" did call his attention. I asked what did he mean and he said "girls". We laughed and he said that obviously church called our attention and for that reason we were out on the mission. I thought a moment and replied... "No. Church doesn’t call my attention. What calls my attention is the family". It was interesting how the words came out and I didn’t understand them. Then my brain caught up to The Spirit and I explained that he was my brother and I wanted to save him in the eternity. He thought it was odd that we leave our families for 2 years if the family is what calls our attention.... but it made sense to me. We gave him a pamphlet and he now has the opportunity to act upon what he felt when we spoke.

No comments: