Monday, March 29, 2010

I am now in El Triangulo (The triangle)

So, this week was fun. We did a lot of things in preparation for a talent show we held on Friday. But before I talk about that... you should all know that I got transferred again. I’m no longer in Villa Zula. I am now in El Triangulo (The triangle). I’m really excited about this transfer, but terribly scared. The President kept me as junior companion... so I guess I don’t have to be District Leader anymore. And I know I will learn a lot this transfer because my companion is about to finish the mission. This is his last transfer and he is Zone Leader... so I’m sure I’ll learn a lot with him. His name is Elder Chatwin. I don’t have a picture of him because my camera is still packed up. But he was in The RM... so if you want to see what he looked like like 5 years ago... watch the movie. He is one of the twin brothers of the main character. The twin of my companion is in the Buenos Aires North mission. He is really cool. He was in my first zone. So I already know him a bit. The truth is that I’m super excited. I hear that our area is all villa... or ghetto. So we will be teaching humble people. That is a cool idea for me. No more city-ish areas. I’ll probably finish my mission here in this area.

In other news... I am changing my e-mail. The rules in the mission have changed. I can no longer use gmail. So please e-mail me at thomas.steinkuhler@myldsmail.net from now on. I’m not sure if that is the real address. So just to be safe, e-mail me at both from now on... please.

This last week we had a lot of success. We taught a lot with the members and took out a wonderful fecha. It feels so good leaving an area in good conditions. And the talent show we did was a blast. It was like going out with a bang. I did some magic and my companion read minds. We were the magicians. Others sang, some danced or drew. The truth is that I really enjoyed it. The saddest part about the week was saying goodbye to everyone again. But it was good because I said goodbye once and could see them again... perhaps God will grant me another chance.

I’m doing fantastic and will send more information next week. But right now I need to go and find my new pinch. Sorry this is a short one again.

Love you all,
Elder Steinkuhler

PS I’ve visited my new pinch before... it is HUGE!!!! :)

No comments: