Monday, January 25, 2010

My hair is amazing

The first two questions:
How are your shoes? My shoes are good. I just got a pair re-soled. They had some holes on the bottom about 2 inches in diameter, but not anymore.

How is your hair? My hair is amazing... and really blond. It got tinted in the sun so now I'm really blond... and I decided to start doing my hair about a month or three ago... so every day it is parted, and blond... and amazing. But I need to cut it.

First of all... I had chocolate pizza today. Both dark and white chocolate... as well as a pizza with coconut and another with pineapple with black sugar... good times. There are a lot of all you can eat pizzas around here. I didn't eat much this week, so I got my money´s worth.

I’ve got two bits of bad news from this week that Ill share with you... first of all... Trash in Argentina is put into large METAL trash boxes that hang over the sidewalk. I’ve never had a problem until now. You see, I normally glance over at my companion as we walk... they normally are ABOUT my height. Elder Roy is not... So I look down... very down. TWICE this week I hit my head on those darn trash reciprocals. The first time it cut my nose open (don't worry... I healed fast). The second time I grabbed it right in the corner with my forehead. It might have given me a concussion... it hurt and I was bleeding... and this 14 year old young member girl laughed at me because my Spanish got REALLY bad. But there is something about Argentina... all harm done to the body heals REALLY fast... for everyone, it is amazing.

Bad news number two: I'm sickish... my other problem I had when I called home for Christmas has gone away... but now I'm sick with something else... Hehehe oops.

This week was kind of blah... We worked really hard. We had some really good appointments. We are teaching some golden people. All of our lessons are full of the spirit. We are helping people convert themselves. There is just one problem... no one is married. So we will hopefully be getting 10 couples married and baptized here within a few months. We had some really spiritual experiences this week, but I would like to only share 2. Those that The Spirit indicates...

We went over to a family’s house this week. I love this family with all my heart. The father always helps us and the wife is kind of inactive. They got into a debate right when we got there... I shared a bit with them and then got kind of mad. I started saying things that were very harsh. I did not feel like myself, so I stopped talking and listened to the Spirit... it told me I had to stand up and hug the father... and apologize. I didn't want to... but I did it. And I just started bawling. I’ve never cried cried in a lesson. The occasional tear is unavoidable, but I’ve never broken down crying. I apologized and asked if we might do a prayer. The father was praying and started to call us servants of God and asked God to bless us... I lost all control and started sobbing. I couldn’t control myself... and just cried there for a bit as they all worried about me. I don’t know why it happened or why it had to happen to me... but it did. And I felt God`s love strongly with them. Then we left. I didn’t want to stay there because I was just crying, so we left. That Sunday they both came to church and I felt good again. I don’t know what happened... but it was good. I believe and hope I was the tool God needed that day to bring something into their home. There are other parts of the story, but that is all I feel I should share... if you want to know more, ask me.

The other story is this appointment we had at an investigators home... The girlfriend wants to get baptized REALLY bad... but needs to get married. The boyfriend is kind of flaky and wants to make changes, but wants it to be easy. Anyway... we went over and he was sick and didn’t want to talk. So I told him he didn’t have to talk, we would talk and he could listen. He chuckled and sat down. We taught a great lesson about the family using lots of personal experiences and lessons we’ve learned from our parents. The Spirit was strong and we ended on a great note. He then thanked us because he felt great... he always notices the difference there is when we come over and teach. It feels so good to hear that. Simple words of thanks are so good to us.

Anyway, I’m over time and I wanted to just say bye. I love you all and hope all is well. I know I’m well and a lot happier then I was. This week was tough, but thus is life. I hope you all had an even better week then I did.

Love,
Elder Tommy Steinkuhler

PS So, who wants to write me a letter? And who wants a real letter? Let me know and I’ll try to be a better letter writer.
PPS I love you all.

No comments: