Monday, July 26, 2010

I never thought it would be this hard.

It is such a temptation to not write anything this week. But alas, I assume that I should write SOMETHING. So more than anything I’m just sending a shout out. It was a weird week. It was full of weird days and lots of not work. I feel bad because I want to be clapping houses and teaching... but this week was full of meetings and traveling. It is all required things, but not what I want to be doing. But because of that it made the week feel really long. But I am all too often reminded how often I’m going home... which makes it feel even longer. I have this growing desire building up to just go home. It is amazing how much harder it is at the end of the mission... I never thought it would be this hard.

I taught my last workshop as a mission leader... that was weird. We had a really good district meeting that Elder Lucas and I taught. It was simple, but spiritual. We learned how to do better contacts. It is something that we had learned about a month ago and have been using to great success. It was nice to be able to testify of the power of such techniques. We have continued our crazy finding spree this week, even with all the traveling we have done.

One thing that I really enjoyed about this week was getting to know the President a little better. He didn’t know that I was going home so soon and when he found out he was kind of bummed. It was funny seeing him react in such a way. I’m used to the president knowing everything. It was just evidence to me that even mission presidents are just human. I love President Stapley... he will be a great mission president.

It rained again on Sunday, I was kind of upset about that. I hope it doesn’t rain anymore. I’ve already packed my bags and spare shoes... so I don’t want to get my current shoes wet... fyi we are asked to pack a week in advance.

I’m so not excited to write you all... I think I’m just going to stop wasting cyber-space and wait till I can tell you all in person.

This Saturday we get to go to Capital... or the city of Buenos Aires as a special treat for all that go home. So I’m looking forward to that. I also hear that I can call home when I’m in the airport. So I guess next Tuesday I’ll be calling you all bright and early in the morning... MAYBE. If not, I’ll just see you later when I get off the plane.

I love you all,

Elder Steinkuhler

No comments: