Monday, May 3, 2010

I’m so pumped.

I don’t have much time...but I’ll try to keep this sweet and short. First things first... calling home. There is this little problem. Sunday will be my companions last day in Argentina. So I’m sure that we will be visiting people all day. What with church in the morning and the fact that I need to be off the streets by 8... I’m going to have to say that the only safe time I have to call home would be after 8 PM here. Instead of going to the pinch I’ll swing by the church and call you all for a few minutes. Which means I’ll PROBABLY be calling home about 4:15-4:30. I hope. The truth is that I’m not really sure, nor am I that worried. I want to talk to you all... but I’ll be seeing all of you soon anyway. So if things change... I ask for forgiveness in advance.

I’ve been asked a few times about birthday things. I don’t really know. I don’t really want people sending me tons of packages with stuff I just need to bring back home... nor tons of sweets because I’ve entered into the family weight loss challenge. Perhaps it would be best to wait 2 months and I’ll just have a belated b-day party. We’ll make it a party, my coming home/birthday party... After Alex’s wedding. Or if you want to send me something... send me a hand written letter about something good. And/or photos.

So I would like to see photos of Leah’s baptism if I could... I’m really sorry that I missed out on it.

We had a great week... we worked hard and were able to see lots of miracles. We found a guy who said in our first lesson that the day before we came over he was meditating and a voice came to his mind saying, "This will be your last chance." Yeah, that kind of freaked us out... but it was cool. At the end of the cita he said that he felt like crying... but because he was happy and not sad. He couldn’t explain it and we just said, "Well, that is the Spirit." It was a great day.

Then we watched the new Joseph Smith movie with an investigator who is getting baptized this week. She was bawling at the end, as were we all. It was another great day.

The only day that wasn’t so good was Saturday because it was Argentina’s Labor Day... so no one wanted to talk to us and we walked all day.

This next week we will be baptizing 5 people!!!! I’m so pumped. Elder Chatwin and I pulled out all the plugs for his last transfer and got a lot done. We’re pumped and need to set things up still.

Truth be told, I’ve got a lot more I want to tell you all... but I don’t have time. I’ll just try to chat with you all on Sunday. FYI... everyone is invited who wants to go. (Cough cough, Alex). And anyone else in town.

Anyway... Queen just came on and I need to leave the cyber before I burst with worldly joy.

I love you all,

Tommy

PS Tink is so adorable!!!

No comments: