Monday, April 12, 2010

We’ve been running and running and running (or, speed walking)

I’ll be honest with you all... I have no desires to write home. This week was too complicated. We have been working the very skin off of our feet. We baptized this week and made a lot of other progress in the area. The President has said that all the Zone Leaders need to be getting the standards of the mission. One of those standards is baptizing every week! I know that the Lord is making it possible and working for us, but it is killing me.

We took out a baptismal fecha with this family we found a few weeks ago. But they need to get married. So last night we went by and told them that if they wanted to get baptized they needed to get married (a usual problem for us missionaries, so we know how to resolve it). We asked them to pray about it and tell us what they think. The mother was all for it... the father was iffy. He told us that he would pray and tell us in the morning. Well... that would be this morning. BUT to have them get baptized by the goal we have placed... they need to take out the marriage date today. So I woke up at 4 in the morning... took a bus to Varela and got in line with another Elder. At 7 my companion and another elder went to the house of these investigators... I wasn't there, but apparently he said no. So I’m tired and bummed out today. We’ve been working craziness like this all week. It is really wonderful and spiritual, but I’m tired. Every day this week has been like that, we’ve been putting our faith in action and have seen a lot of success. We took out 51 references this week, baptized, did intercambios, and 3 new fechas. I know that is all nothingness to you all... but it means a lot of work to me. We’ve been running and running and running (or, speed walking) and seeing a lot of success.

The baptism we had was super chill. The man was totally calm and happy, even though his family didn’t come. Elder Chatwin and I were talking about him this week and noticed something. We both noticed that he has pure eyes. We looked into his eyes and saw pure humility and charity. He is full of pure light. I have had the blessing of seeing changes in people... but even more than the changes, the thing I am most grateful for is being led by God to prepared people. There are some people who have been so prepared that when we find them they basically jump into the water. Then again, there are some who need to be given a tranquilizer before baptism. This week we will be having another baptism. She is one of those really prepared people. I’ve grown to love her a lot. Her name is Karina... I’ll try to send pictures next week of everything. The computers here are really slow. And I want to take a nap before leaving to work today... I’m really tired (HA sometimes I do tell you all when I’m not perfect).

Along those lines, I should probably apologize for not writing all of everything in my life. I’ve been reprimanded by quite a few people in the past few weeks for not "telling the whole truth". I’m sorry. If you have any questions... I’ll be happy to answer them. Feel free to ask.

Love you all,
Tommy

PS I’m not depressed... just super tired. I think I came off as bummed out... sorry.

No comments: