Monday, February 22, 2010

I get called Elder Burke a lot.


So this week was really rainy. I sent some photos home so that you`ll all be able to enjoy the fun I had in the rain.

So let`s start with some fun stuff... from the photos. This horse was wandering around our apartment when we got home one day for lunch. We had some apples that none of use wanted to eat, so I went out and fed the horse because he looked hungry. Then I gave him some water and he fell in love with me. He wouldn't leave me alone. Everywhere I went, he followed. So we took care of it for a bit and then we mounted it. So there is a photo of me on the horse. It was fun. We took a stroll around the street and my companion followed me around with my camera. Then we went inside and he went home to his owner. We see him every once in awhile.


Another little note. That tie I`m wearing is a tie that I made. I had this blue bathrobe I found in the MTC and it got old/torn. So I cut it up and made a tie. It is actually pretty good, if I may say so myself. I love it. It is now one of my favorites.


There is also a photo of me and my companion... with another elder. The elder on the left is Elder Burke. EVERYONE confuses us here. All the people in the stake think we are the same. So I get called Elder Burke a lot. Elder Gubler is the one on the right. He is really cool. We have spent hours getting to know each other. We’ve had to run home in the rain a few times and change. With all that "free time" we have come to know each other. He actually knows a lot of people I do, here in the mission and out of it. One the teachers that taught him in the MTC was Spencer Salmon! I yelled when I saw the photo. It was cool.


The work here is amazing. That couple who went to church last week came again. They are really progressing well. I’m happy about their success. As well as many others. One of my goals has been to baptize a family. I’ve never been able to baptize an entire family. So I’ve got high hopes for all the couples I teach. We are teaching a lot right now and I’m excited to continue teaching them. I don’t have a wonderful story this week. I wish I did. But I don’t really have time anyway. I’ll keep this short because I sent home photos. I don’t know if Windy will put them up, but I sent some home of the skies here. I will miss Argentine skies. Ever since I started taking photos of the skies here I can’t stop. All of my companions think it is weird because I’m colorblind... but they never knew my mother.

I have some saddening news. I told everyone I was going to extend. It is not for sure anymore. I need to stay with an elder, and I found one. But he recently told me that he might not be able to do it. So if he can’t, neither can I. We’ll see... but I’ll keep you all posted.

Love ya,
Tommy

PS Send me some photos sometime. I would love to see home and how everyone is doing.
PPS Write me too... A REAL Letter. I’ll reply if you ask me to.




2 comments:

Neil said...

Of all the... you post a sweet flood picture and give me NO INFORMATION ON THAT WILDNESS!

I want news or else!...I'll sit here and stew. ;)

You're rockin' out there (though I guess you won't see this till you get home?)

Michelle Williams said...

Well Elder Burke...I love your sky pics. Someday we will have to compare our sky pics. And I'm with Niel, what is the story behind the waist high water?!!!

I love your letters in general, have read every one of them and often read them to my hubby, who will then read them to his seminary class. May the Lord continue with you! Love you, Sister Williams