Monday, October 19, 2009

Easy come, easy go.

Well, I have to admit, I want to brag it up. We started a new system in the mission. The President is listing the top missionaries of the mission every week. Every key factor of the mission is weighed and then totaled. Of the 125ish companionships, we are ranked at number 20. And that is without baptizing or anything... WE ROCK!!! Sorry... I’ll stop.

Well, Elder Mortensen from St. George Utah is my new companion. He is an amazing elder. He speaks a lot better than I did when I got to the mission, and he is a lot better of a missionary then I ever will be. He really is an example to me. We have been working our hearts off this week. We ended up finding 19 new investigators this week... that was like 3-4 new families!!! I must admit, I’m quite enjoying the new missionary rush. You know... that rush of success you have from the missionaries freshly out of the MTC. Those elders who explode with the Spirit simply because they are so packed full of it. I love it! JUST LOVE IT!

We have had a pretty interesting experience week 1. Normally I don’t tell you all about this, but my companion already wrote home about it, so you can all find it out if you wanted to. We saw a drug deal this week. Day 2 on the mission and we walk by some drug dealer and his client... "just keep on walking elder". Later that day we found a guy who was obviously just doing drugs... HAHAHA... SURPISE!!! We also had a few drunks come up to us for various things. One of them wouldn’t leave us alone, so we gave him our apples an investigator gave us. Easy come, easy go.

The coolest thing about this week was finding. We really have been blessed to just find. We are bold and just walk in... it works out great! I must admit, this was a very powerful week for us. We got a lot done and I feel good about what we did. I don’t really know what all to say. Most of what happened was really personal, so I won’t tell you all. Let us just say that investigators are progressing. We took out a few baptismal goals this week, as well as dropped a few. Easy come, easy go. Some people just are not yet ready. But we also met someone who was just perfectly ready. A bunch of people actually. This week was AMAZING!!!

I’ll write more next week. I’m not really sure what to say this week and out of time all the same.

Love ya,
Tommy Steinkuhler

PS I’m sun burnt now and really blond again.
PPS We cleaned the pinch all morning... it looks pretty good.

No comments: