Monday, July 13, 2009

It got me dirty, but hey... that’s the price we pay.

So much to write... not enough time. Sorry... to say everything, this will be very random and confusing and unorganized... so probably just normal. We`ll see.

Story: One of the members in our ward visited the Branch President. His dog came with him but did not follow him home. When we passed by later on the wife of the branch president explained the situation and when we left the dog followed us. We decided to go out of our way and walked the dog home. It was pretty funny because it isn’t that big of a dog and got scared a lot... so I carried it some of the way. It got me dirty, but hey... that’s the price we pay. He was happy to be home though.

Another act of service we did this week was when we went to visit some inactives... they have a long story. Let’s just say it was interesting to see them in the same house, let alone happy in the same house. He was working on the floors, so when we walked in and saw the commotion, we dropped our bags and just started buffing as well. It felt so good to do a little bit of service.

Last Monday I bought my first matès. One is a part of a cow horn... the other is a wooden one. If anyone knows anything about Argentina it is that a matè is required to be Argentine. Now I’ve got two.

As missionaries we get to know the most interesting people. One member has sons who went down dark paths. They are now in jail. We work with her when we can. Anyway, we were sitting in another member’s house teaching and I glance over at the TV to see her face staring back. Turns out they did a special on her and she was on the news. Que tal.

Another funny thing is that when I was in El Cruce we found this man who looked golden. Later on I heard he wanted to get baptized but couldn’t because of past things he did. Elder Villagra told me all of what happened. Turns out he is like a leader of all the robbers in El Cruce. Needless to say, he has some things to fix. Also, he told them that if anyone ever tried to do anything to them... that they should tell the person that they are friends of his. I love crazy stuff like that.

This last week we went to a members home to talk to his sister-in-law (not member) and they asked us for a blessing of health. We did it. Then they asked for a blessing on the house, which I did (interesting how we receive our first experiences). Then the mother (member and not all there in the head) wanted one and kept on talking all throughout the blessing. THEN... she was like "Thanks, and the heater is broken to... can you bless it as well". Needless to say, the point of Priesthood blessings was lost to her... but she had the faith to be healed. It is things like this that remind me of how we must become as innocent children.

Well, I’m WAY out of time. So I’m heading out to do some good. We had fun today. I played Frisbee and we watched Kung Fu Panda for the 10th time. HAHA... all well.

Love you all,
Tommy

PS the president is coming on Tuesday.

No comments: