Monday, November 3, 2008

We Had a Baptism!!!

Hey all... Ive got like 5 minutes... but Ive got a lot to say. Pray that God blesses my fingers with lightning speed again... and that the mistakes I make can be read by you all.

First of all:
WE HAD A BAPTIZM!!!! Martin Ojedo! It was a really rough path that lead to the baptism. But we finally got him there. And confirmed yesterday. I'm going to try to post pictures as soon as I can. But that was good. It was a really hard week and a lot of people failed on us or decided they didn't want to talk to us anymore... but WE HAD A BAPTISM! So everything is good. He is really amazing too. He works at a night club doing something and he looks like it too. Anyway... after the baptism we went over to his place and he played guitar for us. It was really really good. I was surprised... I didn't even know he could play.

So my companion wants me to tell you all about something that happened this week. See, I get a stuffy nose when I go to bed. I think it has something to do with laying down. Anyway, I breath through my mouth now when I sleep. So in the middle of the night I woke up to a "Hey, Steinkuhler" I was like "What?" all sleepy like. And he said "Your barking. Stop it". So I was like "okay" and rolled over. Then woke up a little bit and realized "barking?" So I was all like WHAT?! And said "Do you mean snoring?" and he was like... oh yeah, that´s the word. It was funny.

This week I learned what it is like to have kids in church. We are teaching a 9 year old boy and his sister comes with him. She is only 6, so we cant teach her. But they both sat with me and my companion sat behind us. It was fun trying to keep two kids quiet when they speak the language better then me... good times. But it all worked out.

So, how was Halloween? I really hope everyone did something. I wanted to, but didn't have time. We had intercombios... or companion exchanges again for a day. So me and this other Elder ended up walking all over the place teaching whoever would let us in. It was hard work. But still a good day. What did you all do?

Something I think I forgot last time... I need recipes. I really don't remember anything. So could you send me some so that we can cook. We know how to make some things... but really, Im tired of Pasta. We didn't have anyone for lunches really this entire time. So every day we are cooking for ourselves... it´s kind of lame... so... whatchya got?

I got my hair cut this past Tuesday too. It looks pretty good... and I wasn't as blond for like a day. But now I stick out again. It was interesting having it done by someone other then my sister that I couldn't really talk to... good times.

So Ive mentioned the language a few times... but guess what. It is getting a lot easier. I understand a lot more. When I compare myself to 5 weeks ago... wow have I grown. It is amazing how the Spirit can work though us to help others.

So, I have an observation for you all... People here are really emotional. It seems like every person that we end up teaching cries now. I admit we have the Spirit with us and they can feel it, but seriously... wow. My companion and I have also given a lot of blessings. He was amazed at how many we have given. He said that last transfer he didn't give like any. But this transfer we have done like 10 or 12. It´s crazy. And when we do everyone can feel the Spirit.

Well, Ive got to go now. Ill try to do pictures next week. But know that I love you all and will be trying to send more letters soon. If you get one from me, could you let me know... thanks.

Last thing... I want you to know that I really am doing great. I am learning, working and growing. I know often times people have concerns about missionaries, and I am a little open... so I could see why people have concerns. But really, Ive never been better. I love you all...

Elder Tommy Steinkuhler

No comments: