Monday, November 17, 2008

Give Someone a Hug Tomorrow

So this week has been crazy. It feels like forever. And I know that last week was basically the lamest thing in history. So, sorry about that. You see, I wrote the longest update in history, but when I sent it… things spazed. It said I needed to sign in again, then it lost it. So, needless to say, I couldn't make it work. We don't have time to fix things like that. Sorry again. But to make up for it I'm going to try and never do that again. Also, I'm going to try and send pictures home today!!! YEAH!!!

Well, I think I should go over some stuff from last week. My new companion is Elder Hakes from Delawhere? Or Delaware…. Anyway, he´s great. Most of my loyal listeners know Zerr. Well, Elder Hakes is kind of like Zerr. He´s tall, skinny and hilarious (same sense of humor too). We get along pretty great. He just got back from an all bike area. So, it´s been fun walking him to death. The other funny thing about Elder Hakes is that his first name is Matthew… and when you put our names together… you get my new nephew!!!

My last companion… Elder Sagripanti is now the Zone Leader in our area. He´s enjoying himself I believe. He is with one of the old Zone Leaders. The other was Elder Good… who went back to New Hampshire this week… sad to be all alone in the World.

Funny side note… I'm typing on Word to make sure that this doesn't get lost… and it thinks I'm spelling EVERY work wrong. I hope not. If I am then my English is worse then I thought.

So, this week was amazingly slow. Ill be honest with you all because I am no longer able to lie… But you must promise not to be worried, and you'll just have to trust me. You see, I kind of got sick this week. It passed! Don't worry. But I did sleep a lot on Saturday. So, that was kind of a bummer. We had a lot of success this week though. We found a new family (Families are really what we look for. They stay active longer… hopefully forever). And we also found a few new golden people. It really makes all the hours walking worth it when you are talking to someone about the Book of Mormon and they say they read. And you ask how they felt and they said good. Then you throw in that golden question. This is the question that makes the difference… did you pray? When they say yes and you can see the spark in their eyes… oh you want to jump!!! Especially if after another question they tell you they know the Book of Mormon is true and therefore the church is true. Especially if you´ve only visit with them once. That happened this week!!! Micaela is her name. We thought she was a snake (or girl that is only interested in the missionaries… there are lots of them). But she READ!!! And this week we are going to talk to the family and maybe find another family. At the very least we will get a fecha (of bautismal date) with her!!! YEAH!!!

So, this Friday we didn't have water in the apartment… actually, we call the apartment a pinch. So if I use that Word… now you know what it is. So, the pinch was without water. That was kind of weird. We had a full tank of water in the shower, so we showered… but that was an interesting day. It´s amazing when you are trying to find something to eat and realize that you cant even make pasta. And so you turn into the lazy teenager you are and order something… I love that part. But sometime before we woke up on Saturday we had water!!! YEAH!!! AGAIN!!!

So, Ive had some questions lately. You see… I do want recipes. But the problem is that I don't know how to get them. You can mail me them… or e-mail me them. My brother David set up a recipe thing for me the other year… but I really cant use it now. So if you could either e-mail or mail me them, that would be GREAT!!! ¡¿Like CAPS?!

So, um… I don't remember what else people asked… so I'm going back to life here. Sorry this update is so random. I'm trying to figure out a million things like pictures and stuff while I'm writing. By the way, thanks for all the e-mails. I love getting them. And I print them out and take them with me EVERYWHERE… or something like that.

Oh, I got some mail today too! The reason is because I went to the misiĆ³n offices this morning to get some stuff done. I should officially be legal here in Argentina now. Before I kind of wasn't.. and didn't know until the end of last transfer. OOPS. But now its all good. My fingers are still black from the ink too. We also picked up some “new member packets”. We have a lot of new members in our ward without the needed stuff. So that was fun to carry around like 100 pounds of stuff around Argentina trains this morning. Oh gosh, I'm so tired. I doubt Ill ever be able to catch up on rest. And I know my companion feels the same way. All well, welcome to the work! But anyway, THANKS!!! And Ill try to send some letters tomorrow. Today we don't have time. All this morning we did paper stuff… so we need to go work in the pinch now and then go to some appointments.

On the personal Basic… I'm finally at a firm still large state. I'm not too skinny. But my shirt does not fit right anymore. Ill try to send a Picture. I'm pretty sure my neck is like a 16 now and I have size 18.5 shirts… I look like I'm swimming in my shirts.


So, I'm lost as to what more to say. My Spanish is coming along. I understand a lot now… but don't talk much. That is one of our goals this transfer. Elder Hakes has 13 months and just finished a transfer with a Latin companion… so he hasn't talked English for a while… so we´ll try that soon.

I also attacked the freezer this week. It was full of ice and I chipped it all out. Ill try to send pictures… it was sweet. And we also found a I giant moth that flew in while we were planning one night. We trapped it and tried to kill it be freezing it, smoking it out, sufficating it… but eventually we just drownd it and froze it at the same time. It finally worked… and now hangs on our door. I feel somewhat bad for killing such a beautiful creature of God… but he was “dive bombing me” as Alex would say. So he was asking for it.

Well, I need to get going. But take care all. I love you and think of you often. Especially you beloved pregnant ladies. Take care of your little ones. You husbands… take care of your wives. Friends, call your friends… stay in contact. Even if you don't know them well… some day that will be your best friend. Children… have fun! Brothers of the gospel, preach the good Word some time tomorrow. It´ll feel good. Sisters, give someone a hug tomorrow… you have that power that none other have. Go use it. Those of you who don't heed my words… At least read the Book of Mormon tomorrow. Try Mosiah… Maybe chapter 4 or 18. You´ll enjoy it. And those who don't do any of that, because I know there will be some… then you HAVE to write me. Because you've got to show you love me somehow… right?! Well, there are my words of Tommy wisdom for the day. Use it, trash it, ignore it, pass it on… at least you read it. Thanks.

I love you all. You really have no clue how much it means to me knowing I have others out there with me. Take care my dear friends. I'll be home soon and give you a real hug then. Until then: *HUGS*!

All my care and love,
Elder Tommy Steinkuhler

PS you can never write me too much.
PPS The moth will be next week… look for it.

No comments: