Friday, September 26, 2008

PS. The church is true.

So, Gigantic news... Argentina on Monday... well, actually sorta. I leave here at 1:30 PM on Monday afternoon. And I arrive in Dallas Texas at 5 PM. So Ill probably be calling home around 3-5 PM on Monday. So, if you are there... Ill talk to you. If not... sucks to be you. But anyway, at 7:35 we leave TX and head down to Argentina. We arrive there at 8:10 AM Argentina time. So, I guess I wont actually breath the Argentina air till Tuesday. But I leave Monday. I am so excited to do this. It is totally going to be the craziest experience in the world.

Well, this week has been wonderful. We've been preparing to leave and getting more and more excited all the time. We have been learning the last bits of Spanish Grammar that we might need. As well as learning about all the ways we can die from stupidity. It's been quite the enjoyable affair (did I mention that my spelling has been getting worse?). Well, I feel basically ready. I know a lot more then when I got here and I know how to find all the other things I'm missing.

This week we've been discussing crazy topics in class. We've discussed the normal gospel standards... and then more on top of those... and now we are way out there. Just go ahead and read D and C 131:7. That is on the top of our list of "Mind Blowing Scriptures". Along with that we've discussed topics like why there are dinosaurs or old humanish skeletons... In normal circumstances, others might say that these subjects could destroy faith in God. But in this holy establishment all questions only bring us closer to God. It is really amazing the kind of things that we study and conclude with. At the end of every lesson our teacher basically saids either, "pray about it" or "Take it to the Temple". Oh how I will miss this place.

Actually, it is funny how different our district is from the rest of the MTC. Most of the time missionaries are ready to leave here after the first week or two. They simply want to get out of here. All of us in our district love it here. We know we can learn more, but are really wanting to go serve the people of the world. So whereas we do want to go, we also want to stay really bad. It's weird thinking that in about 4 days Ill be in a completely Spanish country preaching the Gospel of God to... EVERYONE! Oh, so sweet.

Oh, one bad thing... Our district is all very music oriented. And the MTC choir is singing in conference... but we will all be in Argentina... hearing it in Spanish. Alas, how I want to sing for the church. But Ill get to Argentina just in time to invite people to watch conference.

Well, um... Im having a brain fizzle. Oh, so letters. Um, dont send them here anymore. Tomorrow is the last day we will be able to pick them up. Sunday we dont get letters and we will be gone before mail comes on Monday. So, that means we wont get any more DearElder.com letters. Sorry. They dont come on Saturdays. Um, Im sending some stuff home today also. The weight is just too much to handle. And I dont really need it. So, Ill be sending a couple things home. Ive also picked up a few things while Ive been here, so I hope that I dont go overweight. We've been trying to get rid of all the candy in our room... by eating it. But people keep on sending us stuff last minute. We had a full on pumpkin pie and huge thing of brownies sent to us. Those basically killed me. And we've still got a million other things. Oh, and I need to send a huge thanks out to my mother... for the ties. We are not allowed to wear pink ties while in the MTC, so my ties have been somewhat scarse.

Um, I'm really sorry to all of you that I dont get to today in my writing. I love to write people, but that means that I spend too much time on just one. I also heard that the mail in the Argentina might not be as bad as I first though. But I do know that if you have something important to tell me... like when the 5 million pregnant ladies have their babies.... please e-mail me. So, I hear all sorts of rumors in here. I know that Melanie is almost due. Merry and Mindy are pregnant. But I also heard that Aubrey Cardon Miller and Kamis Nielson Dewey are pregnant now. Is this true? Is anyone else expecting?

Well, Im almost out of time and things to say. So please know that I love you all. I cant wait till I can return home and see you all. But I also cant wait till I can spread the joy that the gospel. It is amazing here... I feel the Spirit all day long and I know the truths taught here are true. I love to be taught by God's representatives and know that during my time here I have been richly blessed by their words. Again, I love you all and will see you all soon.

Elder Tommy Steinkuhler

PS. The church is true.

1 comment:

Dad said...

There is no such thing as immaterial matter. All spirit is matter, but it is more fine or pure, and can only be discerned by purer eyes;

(D and C Section 131:7)