Friday, September 5, 2008

I no longer don't cry. Im basically a baby again.

First of all, Mother... sorry I forgot, but yes, I do have a sleeping bag. That other one is the one I bought years ago to take camping... I got a new one for Argentina. Thanks for the concern though.

Well, Im sick... It is actually a funny story. Everyone in our district was sick... EXCEPT me. But now Im sick. We HAD 12 elders in our district, but a few weeks ago 5 of them left. But when we had 12 we were packed in this small room. A elder that sat next to me would always caugh away from his companion... but that meant it was right at me. So basically every 30 minutes or so my hair would go flying and I wouldnt be able to hear out of my ear for a few minutes. Great times. But now... Im sick. BUT getting better, dont worry.

So, there should be pictures coming home this week. There are lots of pictures of food... please, dont send me any more food. The food that I have recieved has been wonderful... thank you all. But I doubt Ill be able to finish it all off in the next 3 weeks... and with the weight limit for traveling, I doubt Ill be able to bring it with me. Thank you though. It is wonderfully thoughtful of you all. Every elder could use with a new tie though ;)

Well, there were two big events this week. Ill talk about the scary one first. Last week was our last time teaching in english. Well, that means this weeks teaching appointment was totally in Spanish!!! OH MAN!!! Talk about scary! I literally almost had to "take out the trash" (for those of you who know what that is). But my companion and I studied as much and as fast as we could. So when we got to the appointment, the Spirit took over and helped us where we were lacking. So we got thought it, but not with nearly the same spirit as when we taught before. It is amazing how you can feel the difference when you know how to get the impressions in your mind across, and when you cant. My companion Elder Hodson and I teach powerfully and effectively with the Spirit in English. Now, we are almost at square one. But, were learning it. We speak more and more Spanish every day... it IS coming.

Well, the other thing was the coming of one... Quentin L Cook!!! Let me just say, AMAZING! Can you imagine going to a meeting where there is a apostle of God giving you direct revelation for your life?! Many times in the talk he would say, "I dont know why, but I feel like I should tell you..." It was amazing. And I must admit that Elder Cook is now definately one of my favorite speakers. I really dont remember what he said, I did write it down though. It doesnt matter though, just remembering the feelings is really what makes it worth listening to. The Spirit is already so strong here, even without someone who has dedicated his entire life to God's will. I will admit... I no longer don't cry. Im basically a baby again. It's great... not. But it is so wonderful feeling the Spirit working though your body. I know I really should pay attention when I cry. But that's always hard because Im too distracted.

Also, on that crying topic, we watch movies every Sunday night. This week was Legacy. Oh, everything means so much more when you are on a mission. Please, if you have a chance, go watch those spiritual church movies. Not movies like The RM, or Singlesward... but things like The Restoration, Legacy, Joseph Smith the Prophet, The Testaments... Those are powerful movies.

So, I need to put this in here. I know Im lame at remembering special events. So, A belated happy birthday to Zerr, Dad and anyone else I forgot. And a future happy birthday to Windy, Aaron and Jonathan! It's funny. Most of the time I remember to write them... but then I dont add in the "happy birthday" part... how lame am I? Also, happy anniversery Parents!

So, my studies of the scriptures are going really well. Last week I studies Virtue... if you get time. Study it. It's amazing.

Thank you all for the letters this week, unfortunately, Im kind of backed up. So Ill get to as many as I can, but if I dont get to you... know that one will come your way. Both to you and to those I havent written.

AH!!!! It's FLASHING!!! Seriously, you dont know how scary that is when the thing pops up and the numbers start flashing and you think of 50 more things to write!!!!

So, we have had a change up of teachers a few times... and now that there are only 7 missionaries in our district, we realized that we've had more teachers then missionaries. So far we've had 8 teachers... all of whom are beyond wonderful.

Well, I dont know what else to say. So, Ill finish this and say to all a good luck with your adventures this week. I plan on learning spanish again. So, that's what Ill be doing.

I love you all. Thanks for keeping up on me.
Love, Elder Tommy Steinkuhler

No comments: