Friday, September 19, 2008

if ye have desires to write, ye are called to the work...

So, Hello everyone!!! How is everyone doing? And by asking that... I mean... you should write me. Because if you send a letter today... I will have enough time to read and reply one last time before hitting Argentina. And who knows what will happen in Argentina. I hear basically 1 in 7 letters get out. So, please... if ye have desires to write, ye are called to the work... Anyone know the reference?

So things here are going great!!! We should get our flight plans tonight. Which means in a few short hours I should know when Im out of this lovely place. I truely do love it here... and Im terrified to go to Argentina... but I really want to go serve. It's kind of like being trunky... except not to come home. But assuming the vistas got though... I will be out of here a week from Monday... the 29th... Like the "..." I guess that's what I do when Im rushing.

Well, because I dont know what the mailing conditions will be like... Ill make sure to e-mail every week. Assuming that conditions permite.

Well, Ive had a lot of fun this week. We had Elder Hinckley come and talk to us. He gave us the 9 bes. Ill write them all later... when I have my notepad. But needless to say it was amazing. I cant believed how blessed we are here. I did sing in the choir... so I guess we were close to a Prophet. The Prophets son is pretty close.

I am learning like crazy. This week we taught lesson two or the Plan of Salvation in Spanish... Plus the Word of Wisdom. Elder Hodson and I taught with power and authority again. It was amazing. We work really good together. I know how to get things across really well. But he understands what they say. So together we can teach a lesson. But if we were ever to teach seperately then I'd be totally perdido (lost). That is mainly one of the reasons why I dont want to go to Argentina right now.

Well, Im not sure what exactly is going to happen this week. But I am really excited for it. I really look forward to the things we will be learning this week. We are really studying how to apply the lessons to the needs of the investigators. Which I like doing, but in english. In Spanish I am pretty much lost. So I look forward to going to Argentina in just over a week... and then spending about a month in silence trying to understand what everyone is saying. Naw, really... Im looking forward to it. It is basically all that is on my mind. So Im sorry if this update is somewhat lame and scattered.

Oh, last week I got my first haircut. I really dont know if I mentioned that. I dont get to see what I wrote last week, so I guess I might be repeating some things. If so, please forgive me... or sent me a copy of my e-mails. I finish with 10 seconds left every time. So I never get to print it off or anything.

Um, in other news... I get new luggage bags. I might use them. I like the dufle, but Im not sure I want to carry them around anymore. Im so tired right now as it is. I dont sleep as much as I'd like. We have times on Sundays to nap... or study... ;) I dont know what we are suppose to do. But it is suppose to be in the room. So I study and write in my journal while others sleep. So, Im tired. Ill be honest. But the spirit here makes up for it. I stay awake simply because we are learning new things every single minute. But I must admite... we did review this week. And yesterday I totally nodded off a few times. It was pretty bad. But it was my first, so everyone laughed. We have some Elders in our district who fall asleep during personal study and wake up lunging forward or flying backward. It is really funny.

Um, I saw Elder Rands and Elder Dance here in the past few weeks. As well as Elder Mackey (sp?). He is actually in my building. So we talked a few days ago... it was fun. I also met a few people going to the Everette WA mission. So, we talked about home. It was funny. They wanted to know what the area was like.

Um, Im totally out of time and things to say. So please know that I love you and want to hear from you all soon. I dont know who reads this. But thanks for keeping up on my progress. You give me a stronger conviction to do better. Thank you.

Finally I want you all to know that Im here doing what is right. I feel the Spirit of God every day and often feel his guiding hand leading me in the ways I should go. I also know that the Book of Mormon is the only book Ive ever read that brings peace with every page. I love it and want to share its love with all. I know Jesus Christ is our savior and redeemer. I know God is our father in Heaven and he watches us closely. And I dont know why I wrote that all, but I do know what I should and that there is someone out there who will benefit from it.

I love you all and miss each of you.
All my love,
Elder Tommy Steinkuhler

No comments: