Monday, June 28, 2010

There is nothing more wonderful on the mission than someone telling you that they know that The Book of Mormon is true.

First things first... I’ve been informed that I need to inform you all to inform President Tanner to be ready to release me when I get home. So I’m guessing you all know when I’ll be getting home. If not, it would be about 10:30 Wednesday the 3rd. If President Tanner could release me about that time it would be superbly wonderful.

I don’t have much to write about. This week was a lot of working and running around and little to write about. The World Cup is a killer here. NOTHING happens during the hours of the game. There is literally NOTHING to do during that hour and a half. But it is cool being here in Argentina while Argentina is winning. I hear a lot of new things about soccer here. For example, I didn’t even know that they play soccer in Germany... but I guess they are one of the best teams in the world. Go figure. It doesn’t help that I’m a German looking and sounding as it comes. I might be killed this week if Germany wins. Naw, I’m sure that nothing will happen... I’m actually just glad that the US lost. As much as I wanted them to win, I’m glad we are not going to play Argentina.

We had some really spiritual appointments this week. One of them was with Antonia. She is a recent investigator. We taught her the basics of The Book of Mormon and the family. We returned to teach her about Joseph Smith and we asked her if she had read and prayed about The Book of Mormon... very seldom do they do it the first time... and never have they told me that they received an answer the first time. She told us very quietly that she read. She explained how she read and prayed with her family right after we left. And that she didn’t feel anything. But that night she re-read and asked again and felt the answer. She looked up at me and I asked her how she felt. She smiled and said should couldn’t explain it. She said it was a very good feeling in her chest that came from somewhere else. That same feeling filled my frame and we were both edified. There is nothing more wonderful on the mission than someone telling you that they know that The Book of Mormon is true. After that the rest is just details. When a person really knows that The Book of Mormon is true, baptisms will follow and blessings will spring forth.

The same thing happened some time back with an investigator named Isabel. It was so funny because she reads really poorly. When she reads aloud she gets all the words mixed up and it doesn’t make since unless you are following along in your own book... but she understands PERFECTLY!!! She too quickly received an answer to the challenge we gave her.

We had a little meeting I like to call Jedi Council this week. It is a meeting with all the zone leaders of the mission. We go over trainings we will go through and all that good stuff. The best part was that the president asks everyone who is going home that transfer to give their testimony. So that means that I could give my testimony as well as all my close friends... but also the president. He leaves next week. His message was amazing. It was by far my favorite meeting in the entire mission. I would do it injustice explaining what was said. I don’t want to offend the Spirit and explain all the things that were explained to us through him... but I do want to tell you that it was a wonderful meeting. It truly gave me excitement to work hard this transfer. One thing the president told us last Monday is that we will not be judged off of what we did during our mission... but off of what we do this last transfer. That kind of put the heat on and motivated me to work hard this transfer.

I guess that is it for me. I bought some new shoes today because I want something nice to go home in. And... I’m kind of boring. Sorry. I’m just working. Work... as in work work is not that exciting to explain.

I love you all and will see you soon.

Tommy

PS My camera broke. It won’t take photos with flash now. Sad day. I don’t think I’ll be sending more photos home till I get home. Sorry... Um, just suck it up and deal with it.

No comments: