Monday, December 28, 2009

I played the part of Santa Clause

Well... I feel old in the mission now. Every missionary will call home 4 times and see 4 general conferences. By those you can see how much time they have left. I only have one call and one conference left... It`s all over man... I'm basically home. How sad is that?

Christmas was GREAT! I love talking to all of you. I'm sorry I couldn't talk to all. I had to leave early because my ride home was taking off. But the good news is that the car worked fine this time and we got home easily. Well it has been two weeks since I’ve written anything. I guess I should fill you in as to why and then what happened the week before.

My companion got sick... really sick. So we basically didn't leave the pench for 4 days. So... I didn't really have time to write. But I'm here for you all now. I know that you were all waiting with baited breath for 2 weeks to hear about me. I know that you still haven’t opened your presents and all, because you are all still waiting by your computers for my update. So here it is:

Two weeks ago... nothing happened...
Just kidding. We had interviews and also a fun trip to the offices. On Tuesday we woke up at 4 to go out to the offices and get my companion`s paperwork done. That was fun... NOT. I'm still tired from that trip. The really great thing about that week was finding these two great families:

Maria and Cintia are sisters. We showed them the Book of Mormon and taught a really great lesson about why it is important. Then we came back a few days after. Cintia had read the book and felt something. Maria had felt good, but nothing powerful. We taught them about Joseph Smith and what he did for us. Then connected it to the Book of Mormon and what our feelings mean. We asked Cintia to pray. As she did we prayed for her that she might know the truth. She asked God for a surety of his will for her. She stopped for a moment and then quickly finished the pray. The Spirit was so strong with us. We waited a few moments and then I asked her how she felt. It was one of those questions I knew the answers too. Everyone in the room had felt the power of the Spirit and Cintia took notice of that in herself. It was a wonderful chat.

Adrean and Veronica are a young couple. He looks like a metal rocker and she looks like a kindergarten teacher. They are an interesting mix. They had a lot of questions and we have answered many of them. They don't believe in God really, but they know they need something. So they are looking and trying to find the truth. I don't know how to explain this one, but just know that we found a wonderful family who is interesting and growing spiritually.

We also had the Ward Christmas party. I played the part of Santa Clause. Believe you me, I am a great Santa. We also stayed up way to late... a big regret of mine.

Well, this week was craziness. My companion was sick and I was stuck in the apartment all day. Now that everyone knows because my mother had to go and tell everyone... I was sick too. But just sick enough to make me sound sick. Anyway, I got board in the apartment, so I started writing a book with my companion about Dragons. It has been fun. With all the time we spent in the apartment we have got pretty far with it. We needed to be inside the entire time he was sick... then in by 6 PM on the 24th and 25th. We played a lot of funny card games with my Uno cards, and grew together as a companionship. It is weird how when you are together working and together sitting you learn different things. Elder Mortensen is a wonderful elder... but also a wonderful friend of mine now. I really appreciate the opportunity God gave me to learn and grow with him. I often forget who I’m with as I focus so much on the people. It was nice to get to know the man who is always with me.

Just so everyone knows... it has been really hot. I’m dying from the heat. It was a crazily hot week. My companion and I are back in full steam. Life is good and I am happy. I now miss everyone back at home a lot more... but there is nothing I can do about that. I just hope and pray that everyone truly is as well as they sound.

In this letter and especially this time of year... I send you all my purest love. I miss you all and love you all. I am extremely glad to have you all behind me supporting me and cheering us on.

All my love,
Tommy

PS Happy New Years!

No comments: