Monday, March 23, 2009

Yup... Beach


Hey everyone... I’m sorry that this will be so short today. I have a rather busy day ahead of me. But believe you me, this week could take weeks to explain. I don’t know why, but this week seemed like at least 3. It seems like everyone has said that to me as well. Hmm, well, I don’t know what God is doing, but I think it involves slowing time down for some reason or another.

Well, one reason might be because they changed the time this week. Now we work in the dark for an extra hour. It is weird. They changed the schedule for all the people who work early in the morning (all 5 people in Argentina)... but that means that by the time we go home at night... we were in the dark for about 2-3 hours. It really is odd.

Well, Elder Kushlan. A lot of people want to know what he is like. I’ll tell you, he is like a missionary. I like him. He is from Utah, sadly. And really likes to work. He can’t waste five minutes of time... so as annoying as that can get when you need to pee... it really is good. We have been getting a lot of work done in our area and I can already see the area getting better. We have been working our tails off to find people and to reactivate people. We really are getting a lot of success and are planning on taking out a few baptismal dates this week. A funny side note about him... Elder Trujillo was with him in the MTC. So when I found out I was going to be with him, Elder Trujillo yelled out "HAHA, the Russian Assassin". I was totally lost... but now I understand. I’m not sure why it fits him... but it does.

An interesting story about our area. We have an area that is about 20-22 kilometers long... or about 12-14 miles long. We took a bus this week to the end of the area to see if there was anything there. It turns out... there is very little. Well, the bus driver basically told us, "well, you`re already here. Might as well take a look around. I’ll be back in about an hour." So we took off and still found nobody. But there is something very interesting about our area. It runs right into La Rio De La Plata. For those of you who don’t understand what that is... I’ll explain. There is a river between Argentina and Uruguay. It is the widest river in the world. It basically all runs into the ocean. So basically it looks like the ocean. ANYWAY: We chilled at the edge of the area (the water front) for awhile... then went wandering around. It just so happened that our friend/investigator was life guarding there. So we sat down and taught him and his wife. Then they gave us a ride home and we continued working. That night a missionary who is done with his mission came to visit a family with HIS family here in our area. So we went over there and chilled with a Californian family that speaks NO English. It is interesting to see how far I have come when I have to translate for others.



Another cool thing... That crazy contact I did with Elder Harmon right before he left... well, when we returned his daughter in law was like... Hey, I’m leaving right now... when are you coming back. So we came back and taught her. She is very receptive and progressing nicely. AH!!! I’m loving it. Progress feels so good.

Um, my companion got sick this week so we spent some time chilling in the pinch. I’ve played WAY too much chess and it turns out no one in the pinch can beat me. :D My companion used to play in state competitions... just goes to show that my Dad and I could take on everyone in Utah without breaking a sweat. Well, except Ryan of course.

Okay... I’m jumping off now... Take care everyone. I’ll write more soon..


Love,
Tommy

PS the weather here is super hot again. I hate it. It cooled off for like 2 days. Now we`re back to sweating up a storm.

No comments: