Monday, January 19, 2009

We Baptized!!

Well, I'm running VERY LATE. We have a lot to do today and my hour is almost up. It is kind of annoying when you only have one hour on the computer and as soon as you get on a million people start calling you. We are going to the offices to get a "mini-missionary" so everyone is calling us to pick something up for them. It takes about 3-4 hours to get to and from the offices. And if you want anything you need to haul it half way across the mission on a train. So today will be fun!!! Yeah, I know it sounds like I'm complaining... but really I'm just looking forward to another opportunity to use my arm muscles!


Well, talking about using muscles... WE BAPTISED!!! Two different people. There are photos... and they have me in them because so many people didn't like my idea of not sending pictures. I didn't want to die when I get home... so there you go, fotos. Well, my companion baptized a lady who had been baptized... but not confirmed YEARS ago. She goes by the name of Ana. So we re-taught her and re-baptized her. I also baptized a man named Alex. He is from a family of Jehovah Witnesses and married to a return missionary. When I got here he was being taught... and had a baptismal fecha. We taught him and he decided last minute that he wasn't ready. We dropped him after that and about a month ago we went by again. We started teaching him again... really focusing on his needs. And finally we got him baptized. He FINALLY felt what he needed. It truly was amazing. Trust me, there is nothing better than teaching someone for 4 months...ish and finally having them ask you if you´d like to baptize them.


Elder Hakes, Ana, Alex, and I

Alex and I

Those two baptisms basically took up all our time. We had to do companion exchanges twice so that they could get interviewed and also fight with the baptismal fount. We have really just been working a lot. Going to members and doing Family Home Evenings with them. Or going to all our investigators with fechas. Really, not much is new. It feels like the longest week in history... but also really short. I'm sorry this week´s update is really lame. We didn't really do much exciting this week. I did put some fun pictures up. We made a coat rack this week after planning session. We also had interviews with the President. He wants to send me home because I'm a terrible person. But I begged and he finally said I could stay. But only because I promised to stay an extra 2 years. So it looks like I won’t be coming home till 2012. Sorry. Hopefully I’ll have learned the language by then.



FHE (or NDH in Spanish) with the Luque Family

We finally have a coat rack.

Oh, something random. If you remember my friend Elder Schupple from the MTC. He got an emergency transfer last week. I don’t know why... nor does he. But it means I don't see him often. It is weird when things like that happen. All well, I’ll see him sometime.


So, another random thing about those photos. In the sun my hair is a lot brighter. I’ll try to get one with the sun hitting my head.


Well, I'm gonna stop rambling and go. Take care though. I love you all and can’t wait till I see you again in about 3.5 years. ;)


Elder Steinkuhler


PS it looks like I have 9 devoted fans. Thanks for reading you all.



Giant Chicken Pot Pie

No comments: