Monday, December 1, 2008

After all, I can take on the world! In Spanish too.

WOW!!! What craziness. So, I don’t have long and it is like really late already. So, sorry... I was going to send a special video this week... but my camera is dead and it won’t work. So you’ll have to wait for the Thanksgiving video until next week. But enough of that... I’ve got a lot to say.


Official business... Music: YES, I can have basically anything that is smooth and not romantic. Enya, movie soundtracks, MoTab, ext. Actually, if anyone has the soundtrack to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon... I would love it! Also... you can send them to me in any format you want. My companion right now has something I can play anything with. And I’m probably going to buy one soon also... because they are cheap here and really good... so soon.


Christmas is coming up, so I need to know when and where to call.


Clothes... I’m losing weight, but don’t need new clothes... I’m good, thanks anyway :) People have asked for deeper e-mails... so I’ll be sending those. If you have a problem with that, let me know. Especially if you are my friend and not religious, please let me know. I want everyone to enjoy my e-mails... so let me know and Ill figure something out. Trust me, I’ll take care of it... after all, I can take on the world! In Spanish too.


Okay, so this week was HUGE!!! Today I actually did some e-mails and then went bowling at WALMART!!! It was weird! But they totally have some around here. That was fun, so I’ll send pictures when I have batteries again.


Weather: It has been SUPER hot around here... like in the 90s, but it feels like 110 with the humidity. But about two days ago it rained and hasn’t stopped. So it is cold enough we wore sweaters today. Good times. That also means we have Water in our Pinch again... so that was cool... I explain it in next weeks video though... have patience.

I am doing really good. I’m healthy and liking the weather and happy. All is good in life.


This week was crazy!!! Big things... we took out two more baptismal dates with amazing people. So that is 3 now. Two might be after I leave though. They are in next transfer, so I hope I’ll be around for them.


Now, some stories because I don’t have time to chit chat... There is a man in our ward with only one leg. His name is Hermano Jeras. He is a kind and loving man. His wife is just as wonderful. We have been looking around for an opportunity to serve and his name came up. So we headed over there and ended up giving him a blessing, my companion offered it. We actually end up doing that a lot in our area for some reason. During this transfer my companion doubled his number of total blessings in the mission. They are poor and don’t have much. But they love us so much that they invited us back EVERY Thursday for lunch (which is basically dinner here). We went back a few days later and cut down some small trees and cleaned up their yard. It was wonderful to do service for him. He told us later that one of the big problems he had was almost gone. A health problem he had was healing... wow!


On Tuesday we went on companionship exchanges again. I went with Elder Bowler again to his area this time. He doesn’t speak Spanish so I ended up doing a lot. It is times like that where I really realize how much I know. Anyway, we ended up doing a lot of contacts and finding a bunch of people. In the end of the day we went by a family that hadn’t been to church in 9 months. We started talking about why and the husband said it was because he was sick. He started going off on medical stuff that I really didn’t understand... but I understood that it wasn’t good. So I said (in Spanish) "Wow, well... we are not doctors, but we do have the power of God and can offer you a blessing if you would like". He agreed and put on a shirt (I was happy for that). I was asked to do the blessing and stated (In Spanish) "God knows of your worries and problems, but as you do what is right, you will receive strength, and then your family will too". That week he was healed! He and his family received two huge blessing in their life that can only be explained as miracles. Then they all went to church this Sunday... after 9 months of inactivity. The ward welcomed them back with opened arms and all were uplifted by his story.


Those are just some of the blessings we see out here as people give into what is right. As people change from their state of doubt to faith... we see blessings poured out from Heaven for these faithful people. If I do no more good on my mission... these stories will keep me strong. I hope you can feel the Spirit of these stories.


Well, I’m off... I hope that I’ll be able to write more next week. I love you all though. Take care my family and dearest friends.


All my love,

Elder Tommy Steinkuhler

No comments: