Monday, October 13, 2008

So I got up there and shared my testimony.

Hello World!

So, I finally got a chance to check out my blog. It´s funny to me that there is a blog up that is devoted to me and I only NOW got a chance to see it. It looks great! I dont know how all has been doing it... Im assuming my sister Windy, but whoever is on top of that is doing a great job. Thanks.

Well, I think I neglected a few facts from last week. I dont think I mention that last week was conference. I did get to watch most of it. But 2 sessions were in Spanish... so I didnt understand all of it. The other sessions I watched in English. So that was cool. I missed Priesthood though. So for once in my life Im actually excited for getting the magazine with the conference talks in them. Oh, and I guess I lied... I didnt really "miss" the Priesthood session... it was in Spanish. Because of this weird thing called time zones. When they were starting confence I was probably asleep for an hour and a half or so. So they recorded it... but only in Spanish. Funny, eh?

So, I learned this week that pouch is the way to go. I get letters though pouch just fine... it takes a while, but at least I get them. The only problem is sending letters back home. There really isnt much oppertunity to do that around here. But Ill try to figure something out.

Well, this week was amazing. And by amazing I mean really great but hard. If you put a baseball hat on your head... the area that that hat covers is the part of my brain that hurts. Castillano is killing me... but only the inside of my brain. The rest of me is doing great. We had a lot planned this week, but a lot of people called a few hours before our appointment and cancelled on us. So we ended up doing a lot of walking. On Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday we spent probably 2/3 of the day walking. We still got in a lot of teaching... but we walked more then normal. We still have 6 investigators with baptisimal dates... possibly 7 (We havent actually talked to him yet, but he told his brother he wanted to be baptized). We got another 6 investigators this week. And all 13 of those people are capos. Really, the Lord has been preparing people for us like crazy. It´s especially impressive because my companion is basically doing it by himself. I am still lost all the time. But I get more and more. I teach some now. Here and there I get in a principle or two. It´s coming though.

Well, it was funny because I fasted the week before I came down here... knowing that the following week was conference. But the ward down here did fast Sunday yesterday. And during our weekly meeting with the Bishop, he asked me to share my testimony. So I got up there and shared my testimony. It was pretty funny. A lot of people were smiling at me from the moment I got up there, and I was very nervous... but it turned out good. I felt the Spirit and all went well. It´s kind of funny here. For fast and testimony meetings in my ward back at home... people get up and testify for at least like 2-3 minutes. Sometimes as long as 10. I was almost the longest testimony at like 3 minutes. It a wonderful change. People here simply get up, say what they know is true, and sit down. It´s interesting. The Spirit is strong and wonderful in both meetings, so I cant say one is better then the other, but it was cool to see a change.

Well, the last two weeks have been very different. They changed up preporation day... and they changed up district meeting and all sorts of stuff. Im still confused as to when everything is. But Im pretty sure that Mondays are my p-day. So Ill be sending out my updates on Monday... I hope. And Ill be trying to write letters on Monday too... we´ll see how that goes. This week we´ve been working like crazy, so we dont get home till late. So Mondays are basically the only days I have to write.

So, people wanted to know the differences from the US and here... well here are a few: Milk comes in bags, no one has carpet, the keyboards are different, the moon always seems to be visable, the water drains clockwise (I dont know what it was in the US), everyone takes buses, and that´s about it. Things are not THAT different. And dont worry, Im doing great. Ill try to tell you more next week. But it would really help if you would send me questions.

I love you all,
Elder Tommy Steinkuhler

No comments: