Monday, May 11, 2009

I think it was unanimous

This week has almost killed me. They say that as you get farther out in the mission... time gets faster. If this week is a sign of the next year... I’m done for. I will admit that I am tired, hurt and want to sleep. I am happy though. I’m glad that I’ve done all the work I have... I feel good about that. We have really exploded this area. We have taken a dead area and turned it into a smooth running machine! But it certainly does drain ones energy. But talking to the family yesterday was certainly an uplifting experience. I’m glad to hear that everyone is doing so well.

Well, a little heads up. Next week we are changing our P-Day to Tuesday because we are going to play a huge mission wide soccer game again. It is Zone vs. Zone. So today we practiced and I was asked to be the goalie. I think it was unanimous... so I guess I’ll do it. The only problem with that is that I have NO time today. My apologies. I did just talk to everyone yesterday... so I hope people won’t be too mad. I’ll give you one quick story though.

I did a contact about 2 weeks back. She said I should come back... so we did... and she told us to come back again. Some people say that so that we just lose interest and they don’t have to reject us openly. But I felt good about it... so we went back a third time. She invited us in and we taught her and her son. They were very open people and very receptive. She had even been to church before. Well, we taught them lesson one and she said that being baptized by someone who actually had power from God would be a good thing. So we are working hard to help her get that blessing. We have already taught her twice and we are returning today. She and her son are reading the Book of Mormon and praying about the message it contains. This next Sunday they should be at church again. I love the way the Lord works. We really are being blessed here for our labors.

Well, I’m off. Sorry this is short. Know that I send my love from Argentina and that I’m safe and sound. I’ll try to get something more interesting out next week... but with the championship and all... we`ll see.

Take care until I return at least.

All my love,
Elder Tommy Steinkuhler

No comments: